Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Moving

I"m often unmotivated to write, right when I have the time to do it. Usually it helps to do a little reading, and then I'm right again. It's like reading something good reminds me what I might do with writing.

Much has happened in the last week. I decided to move to New York, and have since put in my resignation at work, and rented out my apartment. Jess looked for apartments in New York, while I showed my own in Boston. I came down this weekend to help her look, and decided on a small two bedroom unit in an area both of us like. The rent is very reasonable, and we have our own yard and an extra room. The living room area is not as large as we'd like it to be (it's a living area combined with kitchen that looks just like a big kitchen), but I think it's a fair compromise. We wrote our checks and sat in the bedroom after they left, excited at the possibilities. I really enjoyed it.

I got a call later from my friend who's acting as my real estate/property manager. He told me he rented it out to a woman who works with autistic children in Newton. I have until Saturday to sell all my things and empty out the apartment. It's so soon! Right now it is a very full house in there, with lots of furniture and things.

Before my tenant moves in I have to:

Packing:
-my clothes into garbage bags and move them to a friend's place
-my computer and electronic equipment:
video and digital camera
audio mixer and microphone, and midi keyboard
Cancel:
Electricity
Cable

Alert:
Condo Management Company
City of Boston

No comments: