Sunday, September 7, 2008

Moving continued

Everything's been moved out of my condo and as far as I know, my tenant has moved in. I spoke with her briefly on Friday night and left her a desk and my mattress, which I was unable to sell. The rest of the apartment was empty. I didn't have much time to look around and take in the change. I'm in a slight state of shock/disbelief that it's all done.

Late Friday night Jeffrey and I drove his sister's car down with all of my stuff in it. We left around midnight, and arrived close to four in the morning. Surprisingly, Jess was awake. I found her cleaning the bathroom. The apartment was very muggy and hot. We moved everything in, and talked for a few in that early morning hour while we showered. Jeff replaced my shower head with one he had bought me and we went to sleep. In the morning I woke up around 10. Jeff showered and we noticed that the sink was leaking. He mentioned that there was something wrong with the shower, that the pressure was erratic. It appeared he broke the shower's pipe when he replaced the old head. That meant we had to call someone to take down the tile and replace it. What a headache!

So this morning someone is supposed to be fixing it. Poor Jess has to use the bath and splash water on herself instead of showering. Yesterday after eating lunch with Jess I drove back to Northborough to visit my father. I made it in time to see my brother play with his band in a restaurant.

No comments: